Our Savvy Saver is a branch based, instant access savings account. You can pay in whenever you want to whilst having the peace of mind that you can take money out up to four times a year if you need to.
This account can be withdrawn at any time.
Perfect if you...
- Want to pay in whenever you want
- Want to save every month
- Have a lump sum deposit
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over
- You must provide a valid email address and mobile number
- You can take your money out up to four times a year
The interest rate paid on this account is as below:
|Minimum balance||Interest||Gross p.a./AER*|
Rate effective from 11 October 2023.
Monthly interest is calculated each day on the available money in your account and is paid on the last day every month.
The interest rate for this account is variable. This means we can change it at any time. You can find full details in our Savings Terms and Conditions.
If your account falls below the minimum balance, the interest rate we'll pay you will reduce to 0.05% Gross p.a/AER variable*.
This is based on no further money being paid in or taken out of the account and no change to the interest rate.
Projection based on monthly interest being paid into your account
|Balance||Gross p.a./AER*||Balance at 12 months|
Projection of average monthly interest if being paid away to your nominated bank account or another account with us
|Balance||Gross p.a./AER*||Average monthly interest payment|
Monthly interest payment will change depending on the number of days in the month.
Your projected balance will be £5,000 in 12 months if your interest is paid away each month.
- You must be 16 or over and a UK resident to have this account.
- You can open your account in branch, by post.
- You'll need to keep a minimum balance of £5,000.00 in your account to get the interest rate.
- The maximum amount you can pay into this account is £2,000,000.00.
- You can manage the account in branch, by post, by phone, on webchat.
- Interest can be transferred monthly to your nominated bank account or another account with us - interest withdrawals do not count towards your four-withdrawal restriction
Yes, you can take money out of this account at anytime, but restricted to four times per anniversary year.
Anniversary year starts on the day you opened the account.
The number of withdrawals limit is reset on the account Annual Anniversary date each year.
You can close this account at any time but closure counts as a withdrawal.
Our Savings Promises provide you with additional peace of mind, including penalty-free access to your money if your life circumstances significantly change (e.g. serious illness, redundancy, etc). For more information please click here or ask us.
If the total amount of interest you earn is more than your tax-free Personal Savings Allowance, you may have to pay tax to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). For more information visit gov.uk.
* Interest Rate definitions: Gross is the interest rate without the tax deducted. AER stands for the Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded once each year.
Where the Savings Terms & Conditions are inconsistent with the account specific rules and criteria, these account specific rules and criteria will apply and will take priority.
Identifying you and preventing fraud
Make sure you're up-to-date on identifying and preventing fraud.