Our Small Saver is designed to help you start a savings habit. By saving small amounts each calendar month you can ease yourself into a savings habit. It also allows you to take money out once a month if you need to.
This account can be withdrawn at any time.
Perfect if you...
- Wish to save every month
- Want the flexibility of one monthly withdrawal
- Want the option of managing your savings remotely or in branch
- Be a UK resident aged 16 or over
- You must deposit between £1 and £50 per calendar month
- Only hold one Small Saver or Regular Saver per customer (be it held in sole or joint names)
(This is a 12 month variable rate account)
The interest rate paid on the account will be paid as below:
Rate effective from 16 August 2023.
Interest is calculated each day on the available money in your account and is paid at the end of the term.
The interest rate for this account is variable. This means we can change it at any time. You can find full details in our Savings Terms and Conditions.
If your account falls below the minimum balance, the interest rate we'll pay you will reduce to 0.05% Gross p.a/AER variable*.
This is based on paying in £50 on the same day each month, for 12 months and not taking money out.
|Maximum monthly payment
|Balance at 12 months
- You must be 16 or over and a UK resident to have this account.
- You can open the account online, in branch, by post. If you choose to open your account online, we'll need your email address and mobile phone number.
- You need to pay money into your account within 30 days of opening it. If you don't we'll close the account.
- You'll need to keep a minimum of £1.00 in your account to get the interest rate.
- The maximum amount you can pay into this account is £600.00 over the term.
- You can manage the account online, on the mobile app, in branch, by post, by phone, on webchat.
- You can only hold one regular savings product at any time with Saffron.
- You can make multiple payments to your account each calendar month as long as these payments do not exceed your maximum monthly allowance of £50.00.
- If you miss any monthly payments you will lose your allowance for those months. If you do not use your full monthly allowance you will lose your unused allowance. If you pay in the full monthly allowance and take money out within the same month, the money taken out can't be replaced.
- If you make a payment that causes you to go over the monthly allowance, the whole payment will be returned to you.
- Payments to your account are managed by you and are your responsibility. You should check your payments are being made successfully each month. Your account will not be monitored by Saffron to ensure that money is being paid in.
Yes, you can take money out once a month, in line with our daily withdrawal limits. This means you can also close your account anytime.
Before the 12 month term ends we'll contact you to let you know. Your account will change to the Maturity Easy Access account, which will have a different interest rate. The account number won't change. If you want to switch to a different account, we'll tell you how to do this in the maturity pack that we'll send you.
Our Savings Promises provide you with additional peace of mind, including penalty-free access to your money if your life circumstances significantly change (e.g. serious illness, redundancy, etc). For more information please click here or ask us.
If the total amount of interest you earn is more than your tax-free Personal Savings Allowance, you may have to pay tax to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). For more information visit gov.uk.
* Interest Rate definitions: Gross is the interest rate without the tax deducted. AER stands for the Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded once each year.
Where the Savings Terms & Conditions are inconsistent with the account-specific rules and criteria, these account-specific rules and criteria will apply and will take priority.
Identifying you and preventing fraud
Make sure you're up to date on how we identify you and prevent fraud