Perfect if you...
- Want to store funds away without instant access
- Want the option to withdraw funds subject to notice
- Want to manage your account online, in branch or by post
- You will need a minimum deposit of £5,000 to open the account
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over
- You must provide us with 30 days' notice to withdraw cleared funds
30 Day Notice Saver (Issue 2)
The interest rate paid on the account will be paid as below:
Current rates valid from the 19 August 2020.
Interest is calculated daily and paid gross; without the deduction of tax, into your account annually on 31 December.
If your account falls below the minimum balance for your account type your rate will decrease to a variable rate of 0.05% Gross p.a./AER.
The interest rate for this account is variable and can be changed in accordance with clauses 7.6 – 7.10 (inclusive) of the Savings Terms & Conditions.
The following projection is provided as an example only and doesn't take into account your individual circumstances. It assumes no withdrawals or further deposits beyond the opening deposit.
|Opening balance||Gross p.a./AER*||Balance after 12 months|
To be eligible to open this account you must:
- Be a UK resident aged 16 or over with a minimum deposit of £5,000. The maximum balance of this account is £500,000
- Open in branch, by post or online
- Provide a valid email address and mobile number
- Provide details of your current account held with another bank or building society*. This must be in your name and will be used as your Nominated Bank Account
Please Note: Before we can open your account, we will confirm your identity using electronic searches and paper based evidence.
To manage your account:
- You can manage this account in branch, by post or online. If you open your account online and wish to manage your account in branch, we will initially require one Proof of Identity (Please see our Identifying you and preventing fraud leaflet to see the list of documentation we accept)
You can withdraw cleared funds from this account by giving us 30 days’ notice, however if you need immediate access to your funds, the withdrawal will be subject to a penalty equivalent of 30 days’ interest which will be deducted from the capital balance.
Cash withdrawals are allowed up to a maximum limit of £1,000 per day. Cheque withdrawals are allowed up to a maximum limit of £100,000 per day. If you are an online account holder, money can be sent to your nominated bank account.
*If you do not provide us with your nominated bank account, account closure and withdrawals will only be via cheque made payable to the account holder(s). (If you are applying online we will need to capture your bank account details to open the account.)
For a period of 14 days after opening your account, you can close your account penalty free. Cleared funds will be returned to you with the inclusion of any interest earned.
You may need to pay tax on any interest that exceeds your Personal Savings Allowance. For more information, please contact HMRC or visit www.hmrc.gov.uk.
Our full Savings Terms and Conditions will be provided to you before opening this account; you can ask us for a copy at any time.
* The gross rate is the rate before deducting tax at the rate applicable to savings income. The annual equivalent rate (AER) is a notional rate which illustrates what the gross interest rate would be if the interest was paid and added to the account annually.
Account Specific Rules and Criteria – Effective from 19 August 2020
Where the Savings Terms & Conditions are inconsistent with the account specific rules and criteria, these account specific rules and criteria will apply and will take priority.
- The maximum number of joint holders is four. Where there are multiple account holders any one account holder may operate the account (subject to withdrawal instructions on application form).