Our Maturity Cash ISA is a branch-based instant access, tax-free savings account. This this a default product and will be opened with funds from a Saffron account that has finished its fixed term.
This account can be withdrawn at any time.
Perfect if you...
- Want to have instant access to your savings
- Want to make withdrawals as and when you need to
- Have a maturity fixed term Saffron Building Society Cash ISA account
- ISA transfers from other providers are not permitted for this account
- You will need a minimum deposit of £1 to open the account
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over
Maturity Cash ISA
The interest rate paid on the account will be paid as below:
|Minimum balance||Interest||Tax-free p.a./AER*|
Rate effective from 26 July 2023.
Interest is calculated each day on the available money in your account and is paid on 5th April every year.
The interest rate for this account is variable. This means we can change it at any time. You can find full details in our Savings Terms and Conditions.
If your account falls below the minimum balance, the interest rate we'll pay you will reduce to 0.05% Gross p.a/AER variable*.
This is based on no further money being paid in or taken out of the account and no change to the interest rate.
|Balance||Tax-free p.a./AER*||Balance at 12 months|
- This is a default product – it will be opened with funds from a Saffron ISA that has finished its fixed term.
- You must be 16 or over and a UK resident to have this account.
- You can open the account in branch, by post.
- You'll need to keep a minimum of £1.00 in your account to get the interest rate.
- The maximum amount you can have in this account is £1,000,000.00.
- You can manage the account in branch, by post, by phone, on webchat.
- Open with funds from a Saffron ISA that has finished its fixed term.
- No further funds can be added after the opening deposit.
- ISA Transfers from other providers are not accepted.
Yes, you can take money out of this account anytime, in line with our daily withdrawal limits. This means you can also close your account anytime.
You can transfer this ISA elsewhere, subject to your new provider's conditions, by contacting your new provider.
Our Savings Promises provide you with additional peace of mind, including penalty-free access to your money if your life circumstances significantly change (e.g. serious illness, redundancy, etc). For more information please click here or ask us.
Interest will be paid tax-free, provided your account meets HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) ISA regulations.
If the total amount of interest you earn is more than your tax-free Personal Savings Allowance, you may have to pay tax to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). For more information visit gov.uk.
* Interest Rate definitions: Gross is the interest rate without the tax deducted. AER stands for the Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded once each year.
Where the Savings Terms & Conditions are inconsistent with the account-specific rules and criteria, these account-specific rules and criteria will apply and will take priority.
- Where you do not subscribe to the maximum limit in a tax year, you cannot carry over the unused limit to the following tax year
- By investing in this cash ISA, you will be limiting the amount you can invest in the other types of ISAs
- You can switch from another Saffron Building Society ISA (subject to the original account's terms and conditions)
- Saffron Building Society is not a flexible ISA provider
- If you close your account, and have made a subscription to the account during the current tax year, the ISA rules do not allow you to open another cash ISA in the same tax year
- Interest will be paid tax-free, provided your account meets HMRC ISA regulations
- We will automatically open this account for funds maturing from a fixed term Cash ISA account if you haven’t instructed us otherwise.
Identifying you and preventing fraud
Make sure you're up-to-date on identifying and preventing fraud.