Our 30 Day Notice Saver is a home for your money when you are able to wait 30 days to get your money out penalty-free. You’ll need to plan ahead to make sure you know when you’ll need to take money out.
This account can be withdrawn at any time.
Perfect if you...
- Want to store funds away without instant access
- Want the option to withdraw funds subject to notice
- Want to manage your account online, in branch or by post
- You will need a minimum deposit of £5,000 to open the account
- You must be a UK resident aged 16 or over
- You must provide us with 30 days' notice to withdraw cleared funds
30 Day Notice Saver (Issue 4)
The interest rate will be paid on the account as below:
|Minimum balance||Interest||Gross p.a./AER*|
Rate effective from 23 July 2023.
Interest is calculated each day on the available money in your account and is paid on 31 December every year.
The interest rate for this account is variable. This means we can change it at any time. You can find full details in our Savings Terms and Conditions.
If your account falls below the minimum balance, the interest rate we'll pay you will reduce to 0.05% Gross p.a/AER variable*.
This is based on no further money being paid in or taken out of the account and no change to the interest rate.
|Balance||Gross p.a./AER*||Balance at 12 months|
- You must be 16 or over and a UK resident to have this account.
- You can open the account online, in branch, by post. If you choose to open your account online, we'll need your email address and mobile phone number.
- You'll need to keep a minimum of £5,000.00 in your account to get the interest rate.
- The maximum amount you can pay into this account is £500,000.00.
- You can manage the account online, on the mobile app, in branch, by post, by phone, on webchat.
Yes, you can take money out of your account without penalty by giving us 30 days' notice.
If you need immediate access to your money, you can withdraw your money immediately but you will lose 30 days' worth of interest on the amount taken out. If you close your account within the first 30 days, you will likely take away less than what you initially paid in.
Our Savings Promises provide you with additional peace of mind, including penalty-free access to your money if your life circumstances significantly change (e.g. serious illness, redundancy, etc). For more information please click here or ask us.
If the total amount of interest you earn is more than your tax-free Personal Savings Allowance, you may have to pay tax to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). For more information visit gov.uk.
* Interest Rate definitions: Gross is the interest rate without the tax deducted. AER stands for the Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if the interest was paid and compounded once each year.
Where the Savings Terms & Conditions are inconsistent with the account-specific rules and criteria, these account-specific rules and criteria will apply and will take priority.
- The maximum number of joint holders is four. Where there are multiple account holders any one account holder may operate the account (subject to withdrawal instructions on application form).
Identifying you and preventing fraud
Make sure you're up-to-date on identifying and preventing fraud.