Important information for all savings accounts
The passbook must accompany any withdrawal.
We may change the interest rate from time to time.
Details of our current interest rates are available here, or in our investment rate leaflet.
What if I decide the account is not for me?
Tell us within 14 days of opening the new account if it does not meet your needs and you can have your money back or switch to another account without losing interest.
How to operate your account from a distance
- Write your name and account number on the back of the cheque.
- Place your passbook and cheque(s) in the envelope.
- Applying notice on your account (where applicable)
- Complete the withdrawal slip, ticking the appropriate box.
- Forward to us in the envelope but do not include your passbook.
- Send your passbook with completed and signed withdrawal slip.
- To close your account, send your passbook and mark the withdrawal slip 'TO CLOSE' (Cheques will be made payable to account holder only and will be sent to the registered address).
- To update your passbook for interest payments please send your passbook to us in the envelope provided stating your requirements.
Talking to you
Are my calls to you recorded?
We may monitor and record phone calls to ensure we have carried out your instructions correctly, to help us improve our service, to enable us to resolve complaints, and to help investigate or prevent fraud or other crimes. Any recordings we make are the property of Saffron Building Society.
When can I contact you?
Our branches are open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday (please note that we open at 9:30am on Wednesdays following staff training) and 9am - 12pm on Saturdays.
If you would like to call Saffron Direct on 0800 072 1100 you can do so between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday (please note that we open at 9:30am on Wednesdays following staff training) and 9am - 1pm on Saturdays. You can also email Saffron Direct and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
How will you use my personal information?
For more information about how we obtain, use and care for your data, please read our Guide to Data Protection here.
What happens if I wish to make a complaint?
We hope that you will never have cause for complaint in your relationship with Saffron, but we recognise that sometimes, things do go wrong. If they do, we want to know about it so that we can sort it out as quickly as possible.
You can read our full complaints procedure here.