looking to switch to a new mortgage deal?
If you already have a mortgage with us and you’re looking to review your options, our advisers are always available to help advise you on your next step. Once we understand your circumstances we may be able to identify a more suitable option. Do any of the following apply to you?
Frequently asked questions
- How do I know which product to choose?
- One of our advisers will speak to you to find out about your circumstances. Once we know more about your situation we’ll be able to explain which products are available, based on how much you owe in relation to how much your current home is worth. We can then advise you on which product is best for you
- What happens if I change my mind?
- If you change your mind after submitting your request you will need to contact us as soon as you can before the effective date. We require 21 days’ notice if you wish to change your mind after requesting a mortgage switch.
- I came to Saffron Building Society through a broker; do I have to go back to my broker to arrange my product to be switched?
- No, your mortgage is with Saffron Building Society and we can deal with everything for you here.
- Will I have to pay an Early Repayment Charge?
Details of any early repayment charges that may apply to you, and when they may be due will be shown on your mortgage offer. We’ll explain more about this as part of the product switch process. After you have had your mortgage for 12 months, your annual statement will also provide details. If you cannot find these documents or you are unclear, please give us a call.
If you are paying interest on your mortgage at Standard Variable Rate an early repayment charge will not be applied.
- Will I be charged any fees?
- As an existing customer there are no fees for switching your mortgage product. We like to keep things as simple as possible whenever we can.
- What if I think my property is worth more?
- When your mortgage adviser researches the most appropriate product for you they will use an estimated current property value. If you feel it would be more appropriate to have an up to date property valuation they can arrange this for you. Please note, a fee will be charged for the valuation, but give us a call and we’ll be able to tell you more.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
Talk to us today
To arrange an appointment with one of our Mortgage Advisers call us free on:0800 072 1100or complete the form below
Why stay with Saffron?
- Free mortgage advice
- We don’t need a valuation
- No fees to switch your product
- No affordability checks*
*(Providing you do not want to borrow more, or make any other changes to your mortgage)