Saffron introduces personal loans through Zopa
Saffron Building Society is happy to announce that we are working as introducers to Zopa. Zopa are an established UK Company who aim to provide personalised loans at competitive rates by directly matching people looking for a low rate loan with investors looking for a higher rate of return.
Zopa have earned their reputation as an innovator with their passion for tech, data, and delivering exceptional customer experience. So if you’re looking to buy that car you have always wanted or are looking to finally get around to renovating your kitchen, a loan from Zopa may be something you would like to consider.
More about Zopa:
- In 2004 Zopa was founded in the UK as a market place for lending and borrowing
- They have lent more than £2.5 billion to over 350,000 people
- Over the last 12 months they have lent over £800 Million
- Over 60,000 active individual investors (average amount lent:£13,000)
- Over 377,000 borrowers approved (borrowing on average £6,600)
- They also have a select group of institutional partners
- Could help you buy a new or used car, make home improvements and much more
- They approve over £2 million every day to people with a good credit history
- Zopa offers an online application – no paperwork through the post
- No early repayment fees, no hidden charges
- You can check your personalised loan rates with Zopa. If you take out a loan with Zopa your contract will solely be with Zopa and not Saffron Building Society.
- It takes just 3 minutes to find out if you’re eligible and see your personalised rate. Don’t worry, this won’t affect your credit score.
- Proceeding with an application will require a full credit check. All applications are subject to status.
Warning: Late repayment can cause you serious money problems. For help, go to moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
Important information to be aware of
- Saffron Building Society will receive a commission payment when someone that we refer takes out a Zopa loan.
- It is your responsibility to asses if this service is right for you and to compare across the market for the most suitable and competitive rate.
Some Criteria to consider when applying for a loan with Zopa
All loan applications are subject to a credit check and status.
The rate provided to you will be based on your individual circumstances.
Zopa don’t offer joint applications or guarantor loans
- Be at least 20 years old
- Be a UK resident with three years address history
- Be employed, self employed or retired with a pension
- Have an income of at least £12,000 per year (Before Tax)
- Have a credit history that we can see, and a good track record of repaying debt
- Be able to afford the loan
Are Zopa regulated?
Zopa Limited is incorporated in England & Wales (registration number 05197592), with its registered office at 1st Floor, Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QG. Zopa Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and entered on the Financial Services Register under firm registration number 718925.
Looking for a quote?
If you are interested in speaking to Zopa, please click the below button, which will redirect you from Saffron Building Society to Zopa.
A loan of £7,500 over 5 years will cost you £157.40 per month at a representative 9.9% APR.
The total cost after 5 years is £9,443, which includes £1,763.93 interest at 8.8% fixed and a £180 fee. The total amount of credit is £7,680.
The rate and fee you are offered will depend on your individual circumstances