It is our desire to lead the way in understanding and supporting members and communities by delivering financial wellbeing for life. We want to play a tangible role in improving financial wellbeing, driven by the needs of our members and community.
Overview of the Role
We are keen to recruit experienced Underwriter to join and lead our successful Underwriting team. Our Underwriting Manager will assess and underwrite all mortgage business to ensure our society standards and service levels are maintained at the highest level, while leading and motivating a small team of 4.
Our underwriters own the decision making process from decision in principle to offer and support the completion of all mortgages, while ensuring effective management of credit risk.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our respected and talented underwriting team, grow as a leader and build solid working relationships across the Society.
- Timely lending decisions which ensure the Mortgage Originations Team exceed agreed SLAs
- Demonstrate prudent lending decisions which assist in the achievement of a NPL ratio in line with the Society’s risk appetite
- Support the team with general queries and ensure wellbeing is a priority
- Take individual responsibility to remain well informed of regulatory, legal and market trends
- Undertake individual 1:1’s and ensure individuals are being supported and objectives are being met
- Comply with all relevant Society and regulatory obligations
- Carry out any additional tasks and / or work on any additional projects as requested by the Underwriting Manager, Chief Risk Officer (CRO) or any other member of senior management or credit committee
- Authorising within own approved mandate mortgage advances or preparing cases for referral to Credit Committee for approval
- Production and sign off of mortgage offers for lending within mandate once full supporting documentation is in place
- Delivering a “Best in Class” service which includes keeping the customer informed of any delays or issues surrounding mortgage applications
- Ensuring that all lending/mortgage administration and enquiries are handled in accordance with Society Policy & Procedures and the Mortgage and Building Society Sourcebook
In return we can offer you a competitive starting salary along with our exceptional rewards and benefits package.
This is a permanent role; working Monday-Friday, totalling 35 hours per week. We operate a flexible working policy while putting the needs of our members first.
If you feel that you embody our Society values and have the appropriate level of experience then we would love to hear from you.