We all know happiness comes from within. And it’s no different with Money Happiness. It starts right here! At Saffron BS we’re ready to build it, inspire it and celebrate it with our members, people and communities.
So whatever that ‘happy’ is – from picking up the keys, to saving for that big day – we’re here with open arms, curious minds and the kettle on. Ready to cheer our members on when they’re winning, or build them back up when things haven’t gone to plan. And why? Because that’s what families do.
For us, this is much more than a job. We’re here to make things better, roll up our sleeves and think what’s next to rebuild. Our people are the beating heart of Saffron and it takes each and every one of us to provide the service we’re proud of.
So bring you! Your energy, an abundance of team spirit and your hunger to help.
Together we’re building happy.
We are recruiting for a Senior Mortgage Officer to join our customer focused Mortgage Processing and Servicing team on a permanent basis. This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly organised team player with exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
Previous experience within an administrative role dealing with high volumes of processing accurate customer data would be highly beneficial. Full training will be provided.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Undertake full end to end process ownership for the mortgage journey ensuring that the customer is at the heart of what we do.
- Handling in a timely and professional manner all matters arising from receipt of application through to redemption.
- Delivering a service which stands out, including keeping the customer or third parties informed of any delays or issues.
- Receive and make telephone calls to support brokers, existing customers and other third parties with all queries form receipt of application through to redemption.
- Communicating and working towards achievement of an operational plan to contribute to Society’s overall business goals
- Manage pipeline of all mortgages including pre and post offer to meet society’s lending goals.
- Liaise with Underwriting, Arrears, Retentions, BDM’S, Payment team, Contact centre to ensure communication and delivery of the society’s stand out service and goals are achieved.
- Responsible for identifying and managing complaints in accordance with the Society’s Complaint Handling Policy and Procedures. Where a complaint arises, you will take ownership and management of that complaint, unless it relates to another business area or is a complaint against you personally; in which case, you will pass this on in a timely manner
- Passionate about building excellence through delivering a service you can be proud of
- Excellent communication skills to build strong connections with our customers
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work to deadlines, and under pressure
- Respectful and kind; the way we treat each other sets the tone for how we treat our customers
Rewards & Benefits
- Flexible working; all our roles have flexibility, it’s just some offer greater flexibility than others, just ask us!
- Recognition Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Up to 3 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Physical, Mental and Financial Wellbeing support
- Pension, Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Holiday Exchange
- Staff Mortgage Benefit
and lots more….please get in touch to find out more
At Saffron, we are committed to building happy; for our communities, members and each other. We do this through attracting and building a diverse group of talent and encouraging an inclusive environment which fosters a sense of belonging for all. We hire the best people, and have a collaborative culture where everybody’s uniqueness is celebrated and respected. We recognise the strength in having a diverse workforce; adding different perspectives, ideas and values. We are inspired to leave a legacy for our communities and each other.