It is our desire to lead the way in understanding and supporting members and communities by delivering financial wellbeing for life. We want to play a tangible role in improving financial wellbeing, driven by the needs of our members and community.
Our culture is reflected in our values; our aspiration to be brave and curious working with agility and drive. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive Society that promotes a sense of belonging by encouraging our people to bring their full selves to work every day.
Overview of the Role
We are recruiting for a key leadership role within our Property Development team, working closely with our Head of Property Development in leading the department in the delivery of Development Finance funding solutions to both existing and new business.
Our successful candidate would have solid experience in financial services, within banking and lending in particular. A working knowledge of the residential property market would be a huge advantage but not essential. Our Lending Manager will have an appetite to deliver outstanding customer outcomes and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
• Delivery of financial (new lending) targets by way of business introductions from brokers, directly from developers who contact the Society by email or by telephone, and repeat business from existing good borrowers.
• Proven experience in managing the delivery of successful customer outcomes by being able to ‘close out’ new lending opportunities in a professional and timely manner.
• Provide robust recommendations on the veracity of new business to the HoPD, to underwriters and to credit committee.
• Ensure that all lending approved within personal lending mandate (if applicable) is capable of standing the test of third party scrutiny.
• Contribute to the development and overall achievement of the Business Plan for Development Finance.
• Deliver compliant and profitable business & operational capability across Development Finance,
• Provide accurate management information to monitor personal performance against plans, targets and objectives.
• Manage third party relationships with, amongst others, solicitors, valuers and quantity surveyors, and to accurately maintain the professional panels.
• Represent the Development Finance team as required at appropriate internal committee meetings and steering groups.
Due to the nature of this role a full and clean driving licence is required for UK travel, this is a full time permanent role working 35 hours per week based from home. A company car will be provided in addition to a competitive salary.
If you feel that you embody our Society values and have the appropriate level of experience then we would love to hear from you.