Do you want to work in a fast paced and forward-thinking IT team? Do you enjoy the challenge of working with emerging technologies? Working as a Senior Technical Support Analyst for the Saffron Building Society you will have the opportunity to ensure the availability and reliability of all IT systems and communications at the Society. This is a busy and developing team and you will be instrumental in their success. The people are the beating heart of the Saffron Building Society, and it takes each and every one to provide the service they are rightly proud of.
The day to day role:
- Carrying out build, configuration and installation of new software/hardware as required and ensuring its compliance with existing infrastructure.
- Accommodating, supporting, planning, configuring, documenting and implementing new technologies in order to meet operational objectives.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting all existing IT systems and provide daily operational support to the Cloud Infrastructure Manager in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Delivery of project work, including design, UAT and implementation phases ensuring all project state holders are kept up to date with progress. Ensure project tracking documentation is also updated.
- Supporting the Service desk team with support queries and looking to resolve issues to ensure business interruption is kept to a minimum.
- Monitoring company Infrastructure, servers, applications, system backups to ensure that business is able to conduct its work and be able to resolve issues.
- Examining error logs, utilizing all available support materials and successfully restore systems to full working order. All calls logged.
- Ensuring that electronic files and data are encrypted as per legislation when transmitted or replicated between company premises and retained within a secure environment.
- IT Operations (Day to Day operations)
- Ensuring effective management of the network infrastructure and its consistent, continuous, and efficient operation
- Liaison with 3rd parties to oversee work done, including 3rd line support, installation and implementation of infrastructure components.
To be successful:
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Windows Sever OS 2012 R2, 2016 & 2019.
- Windows 10
- Cloud – Azure, AWS
- Endpoint Protection – Sophos, MS Defender
- Email – Exchange 2016, Clearswift & Exchange Online
Rewards & benefits:
- Performance Related Recognition Scheme
- Annual Bonus
- Pension 5% Employee and 8.5% Employer
- Physical, Mental and Financial Wellbeing support
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Holiday Exchange
and lots more…. please get in touch to find out more….
We all know happiness comes from within. And it’s no different with Money Happiness. It starts right here! At Saffron BS we’re ready to build it, inspire it and celebrate it with our members, people and communities.
So, whatever that ‘happy’ is – from picking up the keys, to saving for that big day – we’re here with open arms, curious minds, and the kettle on. Ready to cheer our members on when they’re winning or build them back up when things haven’t gone to plan. And why? Because that’s what families do.
For us, this is much more than a job. We’re here to make things better, roll up our sleeves and think what’s next to rebuild. Our people are the beating heart of Saffron, and it takes each and every one of us to provide the service we’re proud of.
So, bring you! Your energy, an abundance of team spirit and your hunger to help. Together we are building happy.
At Saffron, we are committed to building happy; for our communities, members, and each other. We do this through attracting and building a diverse group of talent and encouraging an inclusive environment which fosters a sense of belonging for all. We hire the best people and have a collaborative culture where everybody’s uniqueness is celebrated and respected. We recognise the strength in having a diverse workforce, adding different perspectives, ideas and values. We are inspired to leave a legacy for our communities and each other.