It is our desire to lead the way in understanding and supporting members and communities by delivering financial wellbeing for life. We want to play a tangible role in improving financial wellbeing, driven by the needs of our members and community.
Overview of the Role
We are recruiting for a Payroll & Finance Assistant to join our talented People team. This is a newly created role and offers a great opportunity to undertake an important role in the team while positively impacting the wider business.
Our successful candidate will need to have a deep understanding of payroll, ideally managing the end to end process. We run payroll for 161 employees each month working with an outsourced supplier. In addition to payroll, this role will manage all the financial elements of the people experience at Saffron. Full training on internal systems will be provided while working with experienced colleagues who are passionate about people
Intermediate/Advanced excel knowledge is essential along with excellent attention to detail, a methodical, organised approach to work and a curious mind.
- Managing the monthly payroll process from start to finish for Saffron Building Society and Saffron Mortgage Finders; working closely with our third party supplier to ensure payroll is managed efficiently and accurately with a ‘right first time’ attitude
- Leading the pension process for all staff on a monthly basis and ensuring all input and reporting remains accurate
- Supporting with the annual bonus and pay review calculations, generating all staff letters and reporting
- Managing the annual P11D reporting on end of year expenses and benefits to HMRC for all employees and directors
- Supporting the People team with all MI, data reporting and recognition scheme allowances
- Assisting the People and Finance team with annual auditor queries
- Supporting the People team with general people enquiries
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with our exceptional rewards and benefits package.
This is a permanent role; working 21 hours per week. We are flexible and open to discussion around preferred working hours, location and days.
If you feel that you embody our Society values and have the appropriate level of experience then we would love to hear from you.