We all know happiness comes from within. And it’s no different with Money Happiness. It starts right here! At Saffron BS we’re ready to build it, inspire it and celebrate it with our members, people and communities.
So whatever that ‘happy’ is – from picking up the keys, to saving for that big day – we’re here with open arms, curious minds and the kettle on. Ready to cheer our members on when they’re winning, or build them back up when things haven’t gone to plan. And why? Because that’s what families do.
For us, this is much more than a job. We’re here to make things better, roll up our sleeves and think what’s next to rebuild. Our people are the beating heart of Saffron and it takes each and every one of us to provide the service we’re proud of.
So bring you! Your energy, an abundance of team spirit and your hunger to help.
Together we’re building happy.
We are recruiting for an experienced Compliance Officer to join our forward thinking and solution focussed Compliance Team. This is an excellent opportunity to perform a broad role and stand out in a small team. In this role you will contribute to the success of the team, and you will work closely with key stakeholders across the Society to deliver exceptional outcomes.
You will support the Head of Compliance in ensuring that the Society operates in accordance with our regulatory obligations and in a way which puts the customer at the centre of its operations.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Support the Head of Compliance/Compliance Manager in their discharge of responsibilities, as and when required, and as part of the delivery of the wider Compliance Framework.
- Undertake assurance and monitoring reviews as required to successfully deliver the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- With oversight, report and present Conduct Risk MI as required to management, executives and relevant committees.
- Act as key contact for complaints referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, ensuring that files are prepared to the required standards and within the timelines stated.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant regulatory initiatives, rules, guidance, insight and current thinking and communicate this to Executives.
- You need to be passionate about building excellence through delivering a service you can be proud of.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to influence at all levels.
- You will have the ability and flexibility to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality.
- You’ll have a good working knowledge of relevant FCA regulations to include: MCOB, DISP, BCOBS, & SYSC.
- An understanding of FCA reporting requirements and systems would be an advantage.
- Finally, as we write detailed reports, you’ll need to be able to use Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Rewards & Benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week.
- Flexible working; all our roles have flexibility, it’s just some offer greater flexibility than others, just ask us!
- Recognition Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Up to 3 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Physical, Mental and Financial Wellbeing support
- Pension, Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Holiday Exchange
- Staff Mortgage Benefit
and lots more….please get in touch to find out more
At Saffron, we are committed to building happy; for our communities, members and each other. We do this through attracting and building a diverse group of talent and encouraging an inclusive environment which fosters a sense of belonging for all. We hire the best people, and have a collaborative culture where everybody’s uniqueness is celebrated and respected. We recognise the strength in having a diverse workforce; adding different perspectives, ideas and values. We are inspired to leave a legacy for our communities and each other.