At Saffron, it is our belief and vision that everyone should feel comfortable to manage their finances.
Our culture is reflected in our values; our aspiration to be brave and curious working with agility and drive. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive Society that promotes a sense of belonging by encouraging our people to bring their full selves to work every day. We are dedicated to providing a safe environment where individuality is celebrated.
Overview of the Role
We’re recruiting for an enthusiastic Apprentice to join the newest department in the Society; Saffron Solutions Centre, a centralised unit responsible for the handling multi-channel customer communications via the telephone, web chat, and email correspondence relating to Savings, Mortgages and general enquiries.
Our successful Apprentice would be a natural communicator with a desire to learn and develop. Previous customer service experience or working within a team would be highly desirable. This is an excellent opportunity to be earning while learning and be part of an amazing team.
• To ensure that all customers enquiries are dealt with professionally and promptly
• Deliver exceptional customer service at every customer touch point
• Promote the benefits of savings reviews to customers through proactive conversations
• Carry out transactions for customers with online savings accounts
• Ensure compliance actions are completed within appropriate timescales
• Respond to all enquiries, including savings, mortgages and general enquiries, received through the team and directing them to the appropriate person as necessary
• Make outbound calls to customers to include retention of business, service calls and sales calls
• Handle administration tasks relating to customer requests and the needs of the Society
• Make referrals to our third party partners where relevant
Our Apprentice will be part of an exciting 18 month development programme while gaining a Customer Service qualification. In addition, we can offer you a starting salary of £12,000 along with our exceptional rewards and benefits package.
Our Saffron Solution Centre will be open to customers between the hours of 9am-5pm and Saturdays from 9am-1pm. This is a full time permanent role working 35 hours per week and our successful Customer Solutions Assistants will be required to work Saturdays (9am-1pm on a rota basis) for which we pay an additional £60 per Saturday worked.
If you feel that you embody our Society values and have the appropriate level of experience then we would love to hear from you.